* Where is gcc, don't see it in the setup list
@ 2009-09-09  1:55 David Lubbers
From: David Lubbers @ 2009-09-09  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have installed cygwin about 8 times over a week.  On the setup exe
page under the DEVEl project I only see examples for gcc.  I never get a
chance to select gcc for installation and I never have gcc or c++ or g++
after an installation.  What am I doing wrong.  A constraint:  I have to
install from a local directory,  I cannot install from the internet.

* Re: Where is gcc, don't see it in the setup list
@ 2009-09-09  2:36 ` Greg Chicares
From: Greg Chicares @ 2009-09-09  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2009-09-09 01:14Z, David Lubbers wrote:
> I have installed cygwin about 8 times over a week.  On the setup exe
> page under the DEVEl project I only see examples for gcc.  I never get a
> chance to select gcc for installation and I never have gcc or c++ or g++
> after an installation.  What am I doing wrong.  A constraint:  I have to
> install from a local directory,  I cannot install from the internet.

If gcc isn't in the local directory yet, then you can't install
gcc from the local directory. You can "Download from Internet"
once, to get gcc into that local directory, and then "Install
from Local Directory" as many times as you like, without ever
using "Install from Internet". See:

http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html#id314711