* Error from compilation of FORTRAN program
@ 2010-04-13 15:47 DougHua
From: DougHua @ 2010-04-13 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi all:

I am new to use Cygwin and hope any of you to help me with compilation of
FORTRAN under Cygwin.

I installed Cygwin to my Windows XP and need to compile a FORTRAN program
that is usually compiled in UNIX. When I typed command "make" by following
the instruction Readme file associated with the program, Cygwin gives the
following message:
"MAKE Version 5.2  Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland
Fatal: 'AATSR.o' does not exist - don't know how to make it"

I have no idea how I can compile the program and upload the Makefile of the
program here so that some body can look into it and determine if I need to
change something inside? THank you in advance for your time and help!

Doug

P.S. the FORTRAN program was downloaded from
ftp://kratmos.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/eric/6S/6SV1.1/
It is used for atmospheric correction of satellite imagery.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28232141/Makefile Makefile

* Re: Error from compilation of FORTRAN program
@ 2010-04-14 22:14 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-04-14 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

DougHua wrote:
> But I met another problem in the second step "make install".

Why do you want 'make install'? The Makefile (and the sources) you cited
in [*] does not have an 'install' target. Indeed it produces only a
single binary (sixsV1.1), which you can copy/move where you like! or you
can just use it as suggested by readme.txt:

./sixsV1.1 <input_file_name >output_file_name

This is all.

I think you are confusing with some other sources/Makefile(s) not
related to what you cite here [*].

-A.

---
[*] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-04/msg00579.html