* Tab completion is obscenely slow
@ 2010-07-23 20:55 John Cromartie
From: John Cromartie @ 2010-07-23 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

When I type /cyg<tab> or /cygdrive/c/Prog<tab> or try similar
completions, the shell can hang for a good 30-40 seconds. I don't have
any network drives on my path. What's could be causing this?

-John

* Re: Tab completion is obscenely slow
@ 2010-07-23 21:33 ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2010-07-23 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 07/23/2010 02:50 PM, John Cromartie wrote:
> When I type /cyg<tab>  or /cygdrive/c/Prog<tab>  or try similar
> completions, the shell can hang for a good 30-40 seconds. I don't have
> any network drives on my path. What's could be causing this?

Use 'set -vx<ENTER>' before typing '/cyg<TAB>', so that you can see the
full range of any commands being executed while computing the
completion.  If any one of them takes particularly long, that would be
useful to know.  Also, it may just be an issue of BLODA or windows
itself taking a long time to enumerate all files in a large directory.