* telnet connected but without response  in cygwin 1.7.5
@ 2010-08-09 12:15 laurent.metais
From: laurent.metais @ 2010-08-09 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello !

I have the same problem as described here (
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2010-02/msg00202.html) , with telnet
connection, there is no response.

Where can I find a fix for this issue ? I am currently using cygwin 1.7.5
and issue is still there.

Thanks you.

Best Regards,

Laurent Métais
Software Designer

CP Technocenter

* Re: telnet connected but without response  in cygwin 1.7.5
@ 2010-08-09 13:52 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2010-08-09 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 8/9/2010 8:15 AM, laurent.metais@cp.com wrote:
> I have the same problem as described here (
> http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2010-02/msg00202.html) , with telnet
> connection, there is no response.
>
> Where can I find a fix for this issue ? I am currently using cygwin 1.7.5
> and issue is still there.

You have not provided enough detail; your symptom may be the same as
that reported in February, but the issue that affected
telnet+cygwin+Vista back then has been corrected.

You need to describe the networking configuration: you are trying to
telnet from (what system? OS? is this the cygwin machine? using which
telnet client? the cygwin one or some other one?) to (what system? OS?
what telnet server is running -- is it cygwin telnetd?).

How is your firewall configured, on the server and on the client
machine? If you use a different telnet client, on the same machine, to
connect to the same server, does it work?  If you use the failing telnet
client, to connect to a different server, does THAT work?

Finally, note that many modern telnet servers now require the client
machine to be running an "identd" server, or they will appear to hang
for up to 60 seconds!  See /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/inetutils.README for
more info, and a link to a win32 identd server you can try.

Also, please *attach* (do not paste) the output from 'cygcheck -svr'.

--
Chuck