* Re: ImageMagick: Still more insufficient package dependencies?
@ 2010-08-19 15:18 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-19 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Ken Brown wrote:
> This looks to me like an Emacs configuration problem, not a Cygwin problem. The code in image.c:7723 is guarded by #ifdef HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, and configure reported "no" in the corresponding test.

If I understand this rightly,

checking for MagickExportImagePixels... no

is right, i.e. the Cygwin binaries of ImageMagick do not support the
function 'MagickExportImagePixels', but Emacs 'configure' sets
'HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS' to true in any case, so that the build
enables the imagemagick support,

Does Emacs use imagemagick?       yes

but it fails, obviously, at link time. This seems to be confirmed by

$ grep -iR MagickExportImagePixe config.status
D["HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS"]=" 1"

$ grep -iR MagickExportImagePixe src/config.h
/* Define to 1 if you have the `MagickExportImagePixels' function. */
#define HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS 1

Thanks for clarification.

- Angelo

* Re: ImageMagick: Still more insufficient package dependencies?
@ 2010-08-19 14:08 ` Gary
From: Gary @ 2010-08-19 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> I am trying to build the development version of Emacs with the
> imagemagick support. In the configure step one gets:
>
> $ ./configure --with-imagemagick
> [...]
> checking for Wand... yes
> checking IMAGEMAGICK_CFLAGS... -fopenmp -I/usr/include/ImageMagick
> checking IMAGEMAGICK_LIBS... -lMagickWand -lMagickCore
> checking for MagickExportImagePixels... no
> [...]
> Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             yes
> [...]
>
> But,
>
> $ make
> [...]
> image.o: In function `imagemagick_load_image':
> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7723: undefined reference to
> _MagickExportImagePixels'

I haven't tried building emacs, but I know the console version (at least
on Cygwin, I can't comment on any other build) does seem to have some
odd (unsatisfied) reliance on imagemagick, and reported it as a bug -

Gary
Non-kook (allegedly)

1.7.4(0.225/5/3) 2010-04-07 11:02 Cygwin

* Re: ImageMagick: Still more insufficient package dependencies?
@ 2010-08-19 12:40 ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2010-08-19 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 8/19/2010 7:33 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> I am trying to build the development version of Emacs with the
> imagemagick support. In the configure step one gets:
>
> $ ./configure --with-imagemagick
> [...]
> checking for Wand... yes
> checking IMAGEMAGICK_CFLAGS... -fopenmp -I/usr/include/ImageMagick
> checking IMAGEMAGICK_LIBS... -lMagickWand -lMagickCore
> checking for MagickExportImagePixels... no
> [...]
> Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             yes
> [...]
>
> But,
>
> $ make
> [...]
> image.o: In function `imagemagick_load_image':
> /tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7723: undefined reference to
> `_MagickExportImagePixels'

This looks to me like an Emacs configuration problem, not a Cygwin
problem.  The code in image.c:7723 is guarded by #ifdef
HAVE_MAGICKEXPORTIMAGEPIXELS, and configure reported "no" in the
corresponding test.

Ken

* ImageMagick: Still more insufficient package dependencies?
@ 2010-08-19 11:34 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2010-08-19 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

I am trying to build the development version of Emacs with the
imagemagick support. In the configure step one gets:

$ ./configure --with-imagemagick
[...]
checking for Wand... yes
checking IMAGEMAGICK_CFLAGS... -fopenmp -I/usr/include/ImageMagick
checking IMAGEMAGICK_LIBS... -lMagickWand -lMagickCore
checking for MagickExportImagePixels... no
[...]
Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             yes
[...]

But,

$ make
[...]
image.o: In function `imagemagick_load_image':
/tmp/emacs/src/image.c:7723: undefined reference to
`_MagickExportImagePixels'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [temacs.exe] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/emacs/Work/src'
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/emacs/Work'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

So, is this to be expected with current ImageMagick packages of Cygwin?
or have we another 'more insufficient package dependencies' issue? In
this case, which are the other packages to be installed?

I have already installed ImageMagick-6.4.0.6-2,
libImageMagick1-6.4.0.6-2 and libMagick-devel-6.4.0.6-2 and their
dependencies.

Thanks,
Angelo.