From: Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman@kitware.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: trouble posting to cygwin-apps
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 22:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Really this belongs on the CMake dev list.

The new release I just posted is not really a new release of CMake, but
it is a new release for cygwin.  The current cmake that comes with
cygwin is 2.6.4 (very old).  The one I just uploaded was 2.8.2 (still
old but much newer.)  It has no changes at all.

We are currently working on 2.8.3, it has some of the patches you want,
but not all.  However, please work with me on the cmake dev list to come
up with a solution that won't break all of the projects I support (VTK,
ITK, and several others).

I am sure if we work together we can come up with a solution that makes
everyone happy.   But, I would really rather have that discussion on the
CMake developers mailing list.

I do not want to create a cygwin release that does not match the
upstream CMake.

Thanks.

-Bill