* Re: The tree command
@ 2011-02-15  9:17 Fergus
From: Fergus @ 2011-02-15  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin ML; +Cc: Fergus

 >> The source is here:
 >> ftp://mama.indstate.edu/linux/tree/
 >> edit the Makefile to uncomment the Cygwin section and it will build
cleanly.

Yes, works perfectly.
FWIW: I wish I'd edited the Makefile additionally to so that
prefix = /usr/local
rather than the default /usr (but this is just a personal preference for
the location of extras).
Fergus

* Re: The tree command
@ 2011-02-15 10:49 ` Rafael Kitover
From: Rafael Kitover @ 2011-02-15 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2/15/2011 4:17 AM, Fergus wrote:
>>> The source is here:
>>> ftp://mama.indstate.edu/linux/tree/
>>> edit the Makefile to uncomment the Cygwin section and it will build
> cleanly.
>
> Yes, works perfectly.
> FWIW: I wish I'd edited the Makefile additionally to so that
> prefix = /usr/local
> rather than the default /usr (but this is just a personal preference for
> the location of extras).
> Fergus

I use stow for this.

Like so:

mkdir /usr/local/stow
mkdir /usr/local/stow/tree-1.5.3
make
make install prefix=/usr/local/stow/tree-1.5.3
cd /usr/local/stow
stow tree-1.5.3

Now you have a symlink, /usr/local/bin/tree .

To remove the symlinks, you just do:

cd /usr/local/stow
stow -D tree-1.5.3

* Re: The tree command
@ 2011-02-15  8:25     ` Rafael Kitover
From: Rafael Kitover @ 2011-02-15  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2011-02-14 22:03     ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2011-02-14 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Mark Hobley  wrote:
> It would be really useful to have a tree command available from the
> cygwin shell. has anyone managed to find a working tree command yet? We could
> really do with this in the cygwin archive.
>

> --

http://www.centerkey.com/tree/

* The tree command
@ 2011-02-14 21:23   ` Mark Hobley