On 04/13/2011 09:10 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote: > Hi all, > > A recent cygwin update has started spewing warnings such as the > following when I do tab completion on a path containing spaces: >> $ cd ~/Home/Documents/Pcygwin warning: >> MS-DOS style path detected: ~/Home/Documents/PC\ reviews\ 2011 >> Preferred POSIX equivalent is: ~/Home/Documents/PC/ reviews/ 2011 >> CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this >> warning. >> Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths: >> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames > > Would it be possible to make the check exclude common character escapes? No, but it probably is an upstream bug the bash-completion package worth reporting and fixing. Can you use 'set -vx' just before typing the command that triggers the message, so I can see which command in the completion function is insufficiently quoting the pathname such that a glob completion is being inappropriately attempted on escape characters? -- Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com +1-801-349-2682 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org