On 05/06/2011 09:27 AM, rdickert@cinci.rr.com wrote: > Technical assistance required - TIA > > I'm presently a software packager taking applications from XP and porting them/repackaging them > to W7 - 64-bit. The current version on site is 1.5.12 and I believe the latest is 1.7.9-1. Cygwin is a 32-bit dll. So all cygwin apps are necessarily 32-bit apps. And that isn't going to change without a LOT of porting effort. Patches welcome. But in the meantime, you'll save yourself a LOT of effort by using pre-built 32-bit cygwin binaries on 64-bit W7, rather than trying to rebuild everything from scratch, and instead you should focus your efforts on helping improve cygwin1.dll to be useful as a 64-bit dll. -- Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com +1-801-349-2682 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org