Please quit top-posting: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU On 05/19/2011 12:20 PM, kathy3826 wrote: > > It is from online lectures on starting one program, > I typed make all and it says it compiled successfully, > but it misses X Windows. Then it is likely a local alias or script specific to the old machine that you were using. Run 'type mk_all' to determine which, then copy that script or alias over to cygwin. And if it was a binary, then hopefully you have source code. But there's nothing we can do about it, since it is not a standard command. -- Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com +1-801-349-2682 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org