* bash: cygpath: command not found
@ 2011-06-16  2:03 jairo supelano
From: jairo supelano @ 2011-06-16  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, i require to use cygpath, and this is supposed to come with standard
installation. i get this message, first i tried default installation, tough i
may have changed install defaults in the first try (i dont remember if i changed
them in the first try), but if i did, it was to add new packgages (bitmap libs,
gcc, xml and i believe something else but i dont rememebr what; i did this
because i am trying to run a project from source forge, and it said it required
those libs -except from gcc and opnegl, which i added by my account-). the thing
is, starting from scratch, i did not remove any defaults from the default
installation, though during installation, i got messages that some packages had
not a correct dm5 checksum, and it asked me if i wanted to skip those, and i
said yes (i assumed that if those packages were skipped or installed
incorrectly, they would be updated the next time i runned the setup program), so
anyway, i believe i downloaded the first time from 'http:idaho.edu' (once again,
i am not sure), or whatever, in any case i need that utility and there is no
cygpath in my installation. so i try to run setup, and i tell it to 'reinstall'
the packages i believe may have something to do with cygpath, or that may
contain cygpath, including 'admin', 'utils', 'system', 'shells' and others, i
believe i told it to install 'utils' in full, but cygpath still does not appear
anywhere. i googled 'cygwin cygpath not found',a nd there was a thread in a
postgres list about the cygpath.exe something, and in the thread they suggest to
reinstall from scratch. in my case, or in any case that would be nasty; i
installed many packages, i dont remember wich ones, and i dont want to do this
all again, and if i try to install from scratch again, and the mirror also has
bad checksums or bad packages (no way to tell until the install is in progress),
then i am wasting my time, so is there any way to download the cygpath.exe and
write in the folder manually, and if so, where do i download it and where do i
copy it? (windows xp, installing for all users)

tnx

 &#12354;&#12394;&#12383;&#12364;&#12371;&#12398;&#12400;&#12363;&#12400;&#12363;&#12375;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;&#12434;&#32763;&#35379;&#12377;&#12427;&#12371;&#12392;&#12434;&#28961;&#39364;&#12395;&#12375;&#12383;&#26377;&#29992;&#12394;&#26178;&#38291;&#12399;<font
 face="Lucida Handwriting, Cursive"><font color="#00ff00">Voo</font><font
color="#006633">cke</font><font color="#003300">n™

* Re: bash: cygpath: command not found
@ 2011-06-16 16:33 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2011-06-16 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 6/15/2011 10:03 PM, jairo supelano wrote:
> Hi, i require to use cygpath, and this is supposed to come with standard
> installation. i get this message, first i tried default installation, tough i
> may have changed install defaults in the first try (i dont remember if i changed
> them in the first try), but if i did, it was to add new packgages (bitmap libs,
> gcc, xml and i believe something else but i dont rememebr what; i did this
> because i am trying to run a project from source forge, and it said it required
> those libs -except from gcc and opnegl, which i added by my account-). the thing
> is, starting from scratch, i did not remove any defaults from the default
> installation, though during installation, i got messages that some packages had
> not a correct dm5 checksum, and it asked me if i wanted to skip those, and i
> said yes (i assumed that if those packages were skipped or installed
> incorrectly, they would be updated the next time i runned the setup program), so
> anyway, i believe i downloaded the first time from 'http:idaho.edu' (once again,
> i am not sure), or whatever, in any case i need that utility and there is no
> cygpath in my installation. so i try to run setup, and i tell it to 'reinstall'
> the packages i believe may have something to do with cygpath, or that may
> contain cygpath, including 'admin', 'utils', 'system', 'shells' and others, i
> believe i told it to install 'utils' in full, but cygpath still does not appear
> anywhere. i googled 'cygwin cygpath not found',a nd there was a thread in a
> postgres list about the cygpath.exe something, and in the thread they suggest to
> reinstall from scratch. in my case, or in any case that would be nasty; i
> installed many packages, i dont remember wich ones, and i dont want to do this
> all again, and if i try to install from scratch again, and the mirror also has
> bad checksums or bad packages (no way to tell until the install is in progress),
> then i am wasting my time, so is there any way to download the cygpath.exe and
> write in the folder manually, and if so, where do i download it and where do i
> copy it? (windows xp, installing for all users)

If you're getting messages about checksum problems, you're either having a
problem with a particular mirror or your connection.  If it's the former,
try a different mirror.  If it's the latter, try a better connection. ;-)

<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=cygpath.exe> tells you the
package that cygpath comes in.  Given that it's in the package with the
Cygwin DLL, if you're not getting that package installed, you don't have a
valid Cygwin installation yet.  Your best bet is to resolve the installation
problem first.

--
Larry

A: Yes.

@ 2011-06-16 16:47 ` Matthias Andree
From: Matthias Andree @ 2011-06-16 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 16.06.2011 04:03, schrieb jairo supelano:
> Hi, i require to use cygpath, and this is supposed to come with standard
> installation. i get this message, first i tried default installation, tough i
> may have changed install defaults in the first try (i dont remember if i changed
> them in the first try), but if i did, it was to add new packgages (bitmap libs,

Please, next time, use paragraphs (blank lines) to split your text into
smaller and more readable chunks of relevant information.  If necessary,
set your mailer to not send enriched or HTML text, but just plain text.

Thank you.