* Will win32 style paths ever work in mksh on cygwin?
@ 2011-12-01  9:23 Oliver
From: Oliver @ 2011-12-01  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Folks,

this is a question for which I have not found a solution in the web...
It seems that win32 style paths do not work in mksh.
The command
   cd c:/
fails in mksh because the path is not POSIX style.
The only reference I found to this on the mksh project web site
states that mksh uses POSIX paths only and will never support win32
style paths.

On the other hand, the cygwin documentation seems to claim that cygwin
will support both, win32 style paths and POSIX style paths.

Are there any plans to make mksh on cygwin win32-path aware, or will
mksh on cygwin support only POSIX?
If it remains to be POSIX only, and pdksh apparently gone from the list
of shells, is the only alternative to rewrite all existing ksh scripts
that might use win32 style paths?

Thanks

Oliver