* Re: saving list of packages
@ 2011-12-19 16:34 efa
From: efa @ 2011-12-19 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>From: marco.atzeri@gmail.com
>
>2)
>see "./setup --help"
>at
>setup -P

seems that -P accept one package a time.
Example:
> setup -M -P arj ash atk ...
install only arj
This is trange as documentation say "packages"

Running the setup.exe for each package, download:
- the mirrors.lst
- the setup.bz2
once for each run. Not an optimal solution

More, the -q option open anyway the install windows on top of other windows
and get focus. This is noisy as busy the PC while the installation finish.
With -q I cannot get to install a single package, as seems it does not select
the dependancies.

Work with a single package using -M, but this require user interaction, doing
that for hundreds package is not feasible.

Suggestions?
Valerio

* Re: saving list of packages
@ 2011-12-19 17:08 ` Jeremy Bopp
From: Jeremy Bopp @ 2011-12-19 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/19/2011 10:33 AM, efa@iol.it wrote:
>> From: marco.atzeri@gmail.com
>>
>> 2)
>> see "./setup --help"
>> at
>> setup -P
>
> seems that -P accept one package a time.
> Example:
>> setup -M -P arj ash atk ...

Use commas to separate package names:

setup -M -P arg,ash,atk,...

-Jeremy

* Re: saving list of packages
@ 2011-12-19 17:11 efa
From: efa @ 2011-12-19 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeremy, cygwin

>Da: jeremy@bopp.net
>Use commas to separate package names:
>
>setup -M -P arg,ash,atk,...

working, thanks.
This is not documented.

Valerio

* Re: saving list of packages
@ 2011-12-19 10:11 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2011-12-19 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 12/19/2011 10:45 AM, efa wrote:
> hi,
> I need to save the list of installed packages, to:
> 1) reinstall Cygwin on the same system
> or
> 2) made the same custom Cygwin installation on another system
>
> Is there an easy method equivalent to the Debian distribution:
>
> To save:
> $ dpkg --get-selections>  installedPackagesDate.txt
>
> To recover:
> # dpkg --set-selections<  installedPackagesDate.txt&&  apt-get dselect-upgrade
>
> thanks,
> Valerio

1)
cygcheck -c -d|sed -e "1,2d" -e 's/ .*$//' > installedPackagesDate.txt

2)
see "./setup --help"
at
setup -P