* Need rebaseall, but ash window is blank
@ 2012-03-23 12:52 斟酌鵬兄
From: 斟酌鵬兄 @ 2012-03-23 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi,

Exim4 is giving those error to me and I searched the internet then I
found that perhaps I need to rebase:

    2012-03-23 20:34:11 daemon: fork of queue-runner process failed:
Resource temporarily unavailable
    2012-03-23 20:34:21 M1C898-0003KG-QU Fork failed for local
delivery to Penguin@Penguin-PC
    2012-03-23 20:37:11 fork of delivery process from queue runner 6404 failed

Then I close all running cygwin process and open up ash:
    The window is totally blank and I could not type any words, just
see a cursor blinking...

Any idea?

--
Regards,
Panguin

* Re: Need rebaseall, but ash window is blank
@ 2012-03-23 13:40 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2012-03-23 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 3/23/2012 1:52 PM, 斟酌鵬兄 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Exim4 is giving those error to me and I searched the internet then I
> found that perhaps I need to rebase:
>
>      2012-03-23 20:34:11 daemon: fork of queue-runner process failed:
> Resource temporarily unavailable
>      2012-03-23 20:34:21 M1C898-0003KG-QU Fork failed for local
> delivery to Penguin@Penguin-PC
>      2012-03-23 20:37:11 fork of delivery process from queue runner 6404 failed
>
> Then I close all running cygwin process and open up ash:
>      The window is totally blank and I could not type any words, just
> see a cursor blinking...
>
> Any idea?
>
> --

how you started ash ?

I suggest a very simple bat file
------------------------------
@echo off

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin
dash -l -i
------------------------------

of course change the drive and directory to fit your system

Regards
Marco

* Re: Need rebaseall, but ash window is blank
@ 2012-03-23 13:48   ` 斟酌鵬兄
From: 斟酌鵬兄 @ 2012-03-23 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Followed the bat file, but it is also giving me blank window ...no luck:(

@ 2012-03-23 15:06     ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2012-03-23 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 3/23/2012 2:47 PM, 斟酌鵬兄 wrote:
> Followed the bat file, but it is also giving me blank window ...no luck:(

some more details ? We are not in front of your screen..

- are you able to run cmd.exe ?

- is dash correctly installed ?

$ ls -l dash
-rwxr-xr-x 2 marco root 90126 Dec  3 23:26 dash

- any BLODA aorund ?

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Regards
Marco

* Re: Need rebaseall, but ash window is blank
@ 2012-03-23 15:44       ` 斟酌鵬兄
From: 斟酌鵬兄 @ 2012-03-23 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> some more details ? We are not in front of your screen..
It is just blank at all, and I could see by pressing ENTER the cursor
will move down one line,
It seems I could type, but nothings displayed:(

Actually I'd type blindly and could do a rebaseall command (it flashed
some output and exited)
But it is still a problem that I don't see any characters displayed

> - are you able to run cmd.exe ?
Yes

> - is dash correctly installed ?
Yes, I'd reinstalled once.

@ 2012-03-23 22:20         ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2012-03-23 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 3/23/2012 4:44 PM, 斟酌鵬兄 wrote:
>> some more details ? We are not in front of your screen..
> It is just blank at all, and I could see by pressing ENTER the cursor
> will move down one line,
> It seems I could type, but nothings displayed:(
>
> Actually I'd type blindly and could do a rebaseall command (it flashed
> some output and exited)
> But it is still a problem that I don't see any characters displayed
>
>> - are you able to run cmd.exe ?
> Yes
>
>> - is dash correctly installed ?
> Yes, I'd reinstalled once.

Ok, it is better to start from the usual, please follow:

If you are able to run rebaseall but there is no echo,
it could be a codepage or language issue.

Regards