On 3/29/2012 04:21, Brian Wilson wrote: >>> I hope it doesn't leave the system in an unusable state if some DLL is >>> still in use. >> >> I may be wrong but I'm nearly certain that has been Corinna's goal from >> the start. She is sometimes just a little too M. A lot of her >> seemingly tireless efforts in getting Cygwin working are actually >> very subtle attempts to leave systems inoperational. >> > > LOL > > Yes, I'm sure she's diabolical that way (I guess M stands for methodical or > meticulous). It must be the long nights spent slaving over Cygwin code has > warped her thinking into providing helpful things like the automatic rebaseall > feature (thank you Corina, your work has not been unappreciated) which has > long been needed. > > :) :) :) > I don't know, I'd still feel better if there was an option to make it not automatic, like providing a new checkbox at the end of setup "Rebase DLLs after setup completes". It should probably be ticked by default for most users.