* GCJ and ECJ
@ 2012-04-04  1:45 Me Myself and I
From: Me Myself and I @ 2012-04-04  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am having trouble finding an ecj.jar eclipse jar file to get GCJ going.

Are they files at this URL what I am looking for?

http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/e/Downloadecj37jar.htm

Which one here comes most recommended?

* Re: GCJ and ECJ
@ 2012-04-04  1:57 ` David Rothenberger
From: David Rothenberger @ 2012-04-04  1:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, stargate7thsymbol

On 4/3/2012 6:45 PM, Me Myself and I wrote:

> I am having trouble finding an ecj.jar eclipse jar file to get GCJ going.
>
> Are they files at this URL what I am looking for?
>
> http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/e/Downloadecj37jar.htm
>
> Which one here comes most recommended?

Many Cygwin packages come with a README file. As I mentioned
previously[1], the one you want is /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/gcc4.README.

In that file is a section called "Java users need an additional download
to compile source to bytecode." that clearly describes what to do.

Specifically, it says to download

  ftp://sourceware.org/pub/java/ecj-latest.jar

and rename the file to

  /usr/share/java/ecj.jar.

Please, please, please, please read the responses to your emails before
asking another question.

I've emailed this response directly to you as well as the list in the
off chance that you're not actually looking at the list for responses to
the emails you're sending there.

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-04/msg00045.html

transparent, adj.:
        Being or pertaining to an existing, nontangible object.
        "It's there, but you can't see it"
                -- IBM System/360 announcement, 1964.

virtual, adj.:
        Being or pertaining to a tangible, nonexistent object.
        "I can see it, but it's not there."
                -- Lady Macbeth.

* Re: GCJ and ECJ
@ 2012-04-04  2:02 ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2012-04-04  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2012-04-03 20:45, Me Myself and I wrote:
> I am having trouble finding an ecj.jar eclipse jar file to get GCJ going.
>
> Are they files at this URL what I am looking for?
>
> http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/e/Downloadecj37jar.htm
>
> Which one here comes most recommended?

Asking the same question over and over again isn't going to change the
answer.  Please read and understand our previous responses first.

Yaakov