* RE: Updated: sqlite3-3.7.12.1-1
       [not found] <4FCE3F3F.8000400@etr-usa.com>
@ 2012-06-05 18:55 ` Nellis, Kenneth
From: Nellis, Kenneth @ 2012-06-05 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

-----Original Message-----
From: On Behalf Of Warren Young
Subject: Updated: sqlite3-3.7.12.1-1

<snip>
To install this package, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
<http://cygwin.com/> web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions. You'll find
the package listed in the "All" category. After installation, read the
documentation at directories:

     /usr/share/doc/<package-version>/*
     /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/<package-version>.README

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list.
-----END Original Message-----

I just installed this package without incident, but the files
promised both above and at ...
http://cygwin.com/packages/sqlite3/sqlite3-3.7.12.1-1
... are not present, in particular sqlite3.exe, the two READMEs,
or the man page. I removed the package and reinstalled with
the same results.

$ uname -r
1.7.15(0.260/5/3)
$ cygcheck -c sqlite3
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
sqlite3              3.7.12.1-1     OK
$ cygcheck -l sqlite3
/usr/include/sqlite3.h
/usr/include/sqlite3ext.h
/usr/lib/libsqlite3.dll.a
/usr/lib/libsqlite3.la
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/sqlite3.pc
$

Any ideas?

--Ken Nellis

* Re: sqlite3 section in master setup.hint wrong (was: Updated: sqlite3-3.7.12.1-1)
@ 2012-06-05 19:23   ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2012-06-05 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin-L

On 6/5/2012 12:55 PM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:

> I just installed this package without incident, but the files
> promised both above and at ...
> http://cygwin.com/packages/sqlite3/sqlite3-3.7.12.1-1
> ... are not present, in particular sqlite3.exe, the two READMEs,
> or the man page.

It looks like the master setup.hint isn't being generated from my hint
files correctly.  setup.exe isn't being told it needs to grab the
^sqlite3*bz2$ file; it's installing only the lib*bz2 binary packages.

Maybe there is something wrong with my hint files, but since they're
unchanged since the last time I released a version and the package names
haven't changed, that could only happen if the rules for the hint files
changed and I haven't updated my hints files to track the change.

Until this gets fixed, whether on my end or on sourceware, you can grab
the package tarball and expand it by hand from your Cygwin root:

$ cd /
$ wget -O - \
http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/sqlite3/sqlite3-3.7.12.1-1.tar.bz2 | \
tar xvjf -

* Re: sqlite3 section in master setup.hint wrong (was: Updated: sqlite3-3.7.12.1-1)
@ 2012-06-05 19:56     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2012-06-05 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jun  5 13:22, Warren Young wrote:
> On 6/5/2012 12:55 PM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
> >
> >I just installed this package without incident, but the files
> >promised both above and at ...
> >http://cygwin.com/packages/sqlite3/sqlite3-3.7.12.1-1
> >... are not present, in particular sqlite3.exe, the two READMEs,
> >or the man page.
>
> It looks like the master setup.hint isn't being generated from my
> hint files correctly.  setup.exe isn't being told it needs to grab
> the ^sqlite3*bz2$ file; it's installing only the lib*bz2 binary
> packages.

My fault, apparently.  I copied the libsqlite3_0 and libsqlite3-devel
packages into the sqlite3 directory accidentally, rather than into their
respective subdirs.  upset seems to have taken this the wrong way and
created a wrong package reference.

I fixed the package layout on sourceware and hope this will propagate
in the next couple of hours.

Sorry about that,
Corinna

Red Hat

* Re: sqlite3 section in master setup.hint wrong
@ 2012-06-05 20:29       ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2012-06-05 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> My fault, apparently.

Am I supposed to be mirroring the sqlite3 subtree of the sourceware.org
directory structure on my server, so that the wget command populates the
sourceware directories automatically, without manual intervention?

Or, is it an inherently manual process, which I can't help you with by
better packaging and distribution on my end?

* Re: sqlite3 section in master setup.hint wrong
@ 2012-06-06  7:37         ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2012-06-06  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jun  5 14:28, Warren Young wrote:
> On 6/5/2012 1:56 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> >My fault, apparently.
>
> Am I supposed to be mirroring the sqlite3 subtree of the
> sourceware.org directory structure on my server, so that the wget
> command populates the sourceware directories automatically, without
> manual intervention?

You're not exactly supposed to, but it would help a lot to avoid
errors on the uploader's side, yes.  See, for instance, how Marco and
David do it:

  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2012-05/msg00067.html
  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2012-05/msg00062.html

Both ways are fine.