* cron issues (logon failure)
@ 2012-06-08 22:31 J.V.
From: J.V. @ 2012-06-08 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

When I run:
     $cygrunsrv --start cron

I get:
     cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
The service did not stat due to a logon failure.

I think I have done everything correctly when I ran : $cron-config and I
have everything installed correctly.

I also tried:  $net start cron

and I get the same thing.

I have searched and searched and no solution.  Any ideas?

I ran cronbug but there seemed to be no useful information there.

There is no cron log anywhere that I could find.

* RE: cron issues (logon failure)
@ 2012-06-11  9:09 ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2012-06-11  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

J.V. wrote:
> When I run:
>      $cygrunsrv --start cron
>
> I get:
>      cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error
> 1069:
> The service did not stat due to a logon failure.

Try starting your terminal in Administrator mode. Right click on the icon, then click "Run as Administrator".