From: ping <songpingemail@gmail.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: vim/cygwin: python support
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

thanks Ryan.

I think I had the python package already -- I installed the FULL cygwin..

ping@ping-new-laptop ~
$ python
Python 2.6.8 (unknown, Jun  9 2012, 11:30:32)
[GCC 4.5.3] on cygwin

I guess I need to do some manual re-compiling work myself.
but depending on whether I'm lucky not sure I'll make it or mess things
up worse.
not complaint at all...cygwin is an amazing project already...just
wondering why there isn't a "full-feature" ready to use vim available so
newbies like me won't need to do the dev-level work.
I remember I use cygwin years ago and ran into the same trouble...

I'll try and post update.

regards
ping