On 2020-11-01 10:59, Oleksandr Gavenko via Cygwin wrote: > I tried to find out what processes emacs-w32 is starting for my custom > TRAMP method. > > "strace -f emacs-w32" fails. > > I expected to succeed with procmon & its filter " Command/ Process Start". > > Unfortunately procmon [1] doesn't report "argv" if a Cygwin executable is > started from a Cygwin executable. If I run a Cygwin app from the Windows > environment it captures positional arguments. > > Is there some option to make positional arguments visible to procmon? > > I could find it in: > > * https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html > * https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-env.html > > Please keep my email in CC... > > [1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon Package procps-ng /usr/bin/procps, and /proc/*/cmdline (null terminated args): $ procps -aeflw Suggest: $ alias cyg-proc=/usr/bin/proc $ alias proc=/usr/bin/procps $ head /proc/*/cmdline | cat -A; echo see attached logs for output. -- Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised. [Data in binary units and prefixes, physical quantities in SI.]