Hi, I downloaded cygwin as vanilla as possible afaik to my win nt 4.0 box. from setup log: Installing latest/openssh/openssh-2.5.2p2-3.tar.gz when I try to use ssh to get to a host on which I have an account (and which I access regularly using Secure CRT), I get the message "you don't exist, go away!" Same result whether typed in bash shell or executed in windows bat file at 'dos' prompt. I can execute the command on a win 2000 machine where some version of cygwin was installed some time ago, and it works fine. I hunted around previous postings but didn't find anything quite like this. Could somebody tell me what to look at. Thanks, -- Curt Springer Curt Springer Senior Software Architect Application Engineering Services Central Administration Information Technology Harvard University Cambridge, Massachusetts USA +1 617 384 7177 "Le désordre c'est l'ordre vu diffèrement." HYREN 283 av.JC -- Want to unsubscribe from this list? Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple