* which, or whence or ...
@ 2001-02-11  7:09 Jim Baumbach
From: Jim Baumbach @ 2001-02-11  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I find no "which" in /bin.  Is there one?  Or does bash have a better
way to do this? (.e.g. "=" like zsh uses.)

* Re: which, or whence or ...
@ 2001-02-11  8:09 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-02-11  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Baumbach; +Cc: cygwin

Jim Baumbach wrote:

> I find no "which" in /bin.  Is there one?  Or does bash have a better
> way to do this? (.e.g. "=" like zsh uses.)

Bash uses 'type'.  For more info issue the bash command `help type'.

Earnie.

* Re: which, or whence or ...
@ 2001-02-11  8:13 ` Randall R Schulz
From: Randall R Schulz @ 2001-02-11  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Baumbach, cygwin

Jim,

If you're using BASH, then it's "type" builtin will do what you want. Use
"help type" for details and options.

Randall Schulz
Teknowledge Corp.
Palo Alto, CA USA

At 07:08 2/11/2001, Jim Baumbach wrote:
>I find no "which" in /bin.  Is there one?  Or does bash have a better
>way to do this? (.e.g. "=" like zsh uses.)
>
>--

* Re: which, or whence or ...
@ 2001-02-12  7:42 Noel L Yap
From: Noel L Yap @ 2001-02-12  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jsb; +Cc: Cygwin

I use "type" or "type -p".

Noel

jsb@fred.fcny.org on 2001.02.11 10:08:47

To:   cygwin@sources.redhat.com
cc:   (bcc: Noel L Yap)
Subject:  which, or whence or ...

I find no "which" in /bin.  Is there one?  Or does bash have a better
way to do this? (.e.g. "=" like zsh uses.)

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.

* RE: which, or whence or ...
@ 2001-02-11  9:42 Dan Lipofsky
From: Dan Lipofsky @ 2001-02-11  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> I find no "which" in /bin.  Is there one?  Or does bash have a better
> way to do this? (.e.g. "=" like zsh uses.)

I use these aliases
alias where='type -all'
alias which='type -path'

- Dan