* Problem with <> redirection to named pipe
@ 2012-07-19  6:53 Nikolay Shirokovskiy
From: Nikolay Shirokovskiy @ 2012-07-19  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello.

When I try:

> mkfifo fifo
> exec 5<>fifo

I get "Device or resource busy" error message. On linux distro these
lines work well.

I made some browising through archives and encountered notices that
FIFOs implementation
in Cygwin is incomplete. Is this the cause or I miss something?

* Re: Problem with <> redirection to named pipe
@ 2012-07-19  7:18 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2012-07-19  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 7/19/2012 8:53 AM, Nikolay Shirokovskiy wrote:
> Hello.
>
> When I try:
>
>> mkfifo fifo
>> exec 5<>fifo
>
> I get "Device or resource busy" error message. On linux distro these
> lines work well.

no error massages on latest snapshot (http://cygwin.com/snapshots/)

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 ........... 1.7.16s(0.261/5/3) 20120715 16:28:30
i686 Cygwin

> I made some browising through archives and encountered notices that
> FIFOs implementation
> in Cygwin is incomplete. Is this the cause or I miss something?

What is your cygwin version ?

Regards
Marco

* Re: Problem with <> redirection to named pipe
@ 2012-07-19 12:43 ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2012-07-19 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin