On 8/16/2012 2:37 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote: > On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:48:03PM +0000, Adam Dinwoodie wrote: >> Christopher Faylor wrote: >>> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 06:31:25AM +0000, Achim Gratz wrote: >>>> Daniel Colascione writes: >>>>> It works for me in bash. I don't have tcsh installed, but I don't see why >>>>> SIGINT would work differently there. >>>> >>>> Yes, it works in bash for me, too. Tcsh does something that apparently >>>> breaks with the new snapshot, but since I don't get any error messages, it's >>>> hard to tell what that might be. >>> >>> You're not really giving us much to go on. I've tried ping (both Windows and >>> Cygwin version) under tcsh and both work fine. And, the small snippet that >>> you cut/paste in your original bug report clearly showed that ping was >>> responding to CTRL-C. >> >> I'm still using this snapshot (I've had no reason to stop until now), >> and have hit this issue two out of the last five times running Cygwin >> ping. The ping process is still visible in Process Explorer after >> hitting ^C. There's no obvious difference between when ^C terminates >> the process and when it doesn't. > > I managed to duplicate this once a couple of days ago in a mintty/tcsh > process but I had a very hard time consistently hitting it. So I wrote > a test case which ran ping repeatedly in a loop under mintty while another > process killed it. Eventually, I could duplicate the problem in a few > minutes. There were two problems, one illustrated by the "sigwaitinfo" > mentioned in another thread and another caused by a race. > > After making some changes to signal handling, I ran the test case for an > afternoon without issue. > > The current snapshot has these changes. With the current snapshot (20120816 17:19:27), I have problems with emacs-X11.exe. When I start it under X (by typing 'emacs&' in an xterm window), its CPU usage goes up to 50% and its window never displays. The attached file gives the result of attaching gdb and giving the command 'thread apply all bt full'. I reproduced this running emacs under mintty, but it took longer for it to happen. The problem doesn't occur with the 20120815 snapshot. Ken