The attached attempts to mitigate a nasty interaction between globbing in bash and the cygwin .exe hack (i.e.: "/bin/b*sh" fails to match /bin/bash). I originally posted this (incorrectly) to the -apps ml. To be clear, this version is slightly revised from what I originally posted to -apps: specifically, I optimized the code selecting filenames matching "?*.exe" a bit, since this will often have to run nearly as many times as there are total files in all directories (nontrivially) searched by a given glob-pattern. -gmt