On 9/7/12 1:17 PM, Fausto Arinos Barbuto wrote: >> You need *a* firewall and *an* antivirus, but not necessarily *those* >> specific products. If you're serious about using Cygwin, you'll > want to >> find alternatives that aren't BLODA. > > You are right on spot as for that, but unfortunately Zone Alarm (my > 2nd firewall option) is also BLODA. I can easily live without McAfee > (and I'm seriously decided to replace it by another non-BLODA product), > but really good, *non-leaky* firewalls aren't that easy to find. I > will see what I can do. You realize that Windows comes with a perfectly good firewall, right? I really don't think people need the security bolt-ons they think they need. All they do is slow things down and cause problems.