* RE: how can I run /usr/sbin/in.ftpd.exe ??
@ 2001-08-17  9:57 Peter Buckley
From: Peter Buckley @ 2001-08-17  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'jinhyuk choi', cygwin

Try reading /usr/doc/Cygwin/

inetutils-1.3.2-README
openssh-2.9p1.README

Also check out the documentation and FAQ found at

They have sections on the mkpasswd and mkgroup
commands which should help you create root|Admin
accounts. You will probably need to edit your
/etc/passwd file.

You can also look at Mike Erdely's OpenSSH on
cygwin webpage,

http://tech.erdelynet.com

He has some guides on using ssh and cygwin, and
he has a mailing list for ssh questions.

HTH,
Peter

From: Zdzislaw Meglicki @ 2001-08-17 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tourjin; +Cc: cygwin

  > there is some server programs on /usr/sbin sshd, sftpd, ftpd,
  > telnetd ,, etc.  but nothing work at all.  is there any docs or
  > readmes about this?

Yes, go to /usr/doc/Cygwin and have a look at inetutils.README. It
describes how to set up inetd and other utilities you find in
/usr/sbin.

 Zdzislaw (Gustav) Meglicki, gustav@indiana.edu, Indiana University,
 Office of the Vice President for Information Technology,
 601 E. Kirkwood Ave., Room 116, Bloomington, Indiana 47405-1223, USA,
 ph: 812-856-5597, fax: 812-855-3310, http://beige.ucs.indiana.edu/gustav

* how can I run /usr/sbin/in.ftpd.exe ??
@ 2001-08-17  9:49 jinhyuk choi
From: jinhyuk choi @ 2001-08-17  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin