* Ctrl-C not working in snapshot
@ 2013-01-13 17:58 Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2013-01-13 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

When I tried the recent snapshot (2013-01-11) it turned out that Ctrl-C
does not work anymore to interrupt a JVM program.
There had been a similar discussion last year
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-07/msg00185.html) but it does not seem
to be the same problem;
in contrast to previous symptoms
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-08/msg00062.html), this time it fails
in mintty but still works in the cygwin console.
Also, it still worked for me with the 1.7.17 release.

At the same time, with an interactive Windows program (actually, the
Scala interpreter), unlike Ctrl-C, Ctrl-D now works to terminate it,
which it did not in the 1.7.17 release.

------
Thomas

* Re: Ctrl-C not working in snapshot
@ 2013-01-14 22:19 ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2013-01-14 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 13.01.2013 18:58, schrieb Thomas Wolff:
> When I tried the recent snapshot (2013-01-11) it turned out that
> Ctrl-C does not work anymore to interrupt a JVM program.
> There had been a similar discussion last year
> (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-07/msg00185.html) but it does not
> seem to be the same problem;
> in contrast to previous symptoms
> (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-08/msg00062.html), this time it
> fails in mintty but still works in the cygwin console.
> Also, it still worked for me with the 1.7.17 release.
Bug gone with today's snapshot (*2013-01-14*). As I don't see in
ChangeLog what might have fixed it, I checked further and it appeared
with *2013-01-02.*

> At the same time, with an interactive Windows program (actually, the
> Scala interpreter), unlike Ctrl-C, Ctrl-D now works to terminate it,
> which it did not in the 1.7.17 release.
Have to withdraw this.
------
Thomas