Hi, On 15 Jan 2013 23:33, Shaddy Baddah wrote: >>> From what I make of it, there needs to be a patch that, although can >>> work generically, adds checks only required for Cygwin. And therefore >>> is specific to the Cygwin package. >>> >>> The check would be an extension of the file_exists() function, perhaps >>> called tilde_file_exists(), which determines if the tilde prefix forms >>> a directory component of the path (strchr('/')?). If it does not, the >>> file_exists() check is sufficient. If it does, then the check of if >>> that directory exists is logically and'ed to the result of >>> file_exists(). >>> >>> Does that sound about right? >> >> A check like this might be a good idea. Ultimately I would be glad to >> be able to come up with more correct code in Cygwin while not getting >> slower, of course. But that's wishful thinking for now. > > Bash, patched in the way I have described, seems to fix the tab > completion issue. > > I will tidy up the work and publish the patch at some point soon. I may > have taken a naive approach, so review comments are welcome. Please find the patch discussed attached. It probably needs to be a bit more generic, maybe with some precompiler directives to limit it to cygwin? Although if it is just for cygwin, perhaps it can just go in the cygports patch? Do I need to put an "attn bash maintainer" on the subject line?