* postgresql-9.2.4-2: manual is not included in the package
@ 2013-07-26 12:17 Filipp Gunbin
From: Filipp Gunbin @ 2013-07-26 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I see that the manual is not built during the make process in the "doc"
directory.  Of course it is missing in the result packages.  I tried
changing "cygmake" to "cygmake world" in cygport file, but it didn't
help.  Is there a way to build it?

It would be great to include it by default in the postgresql-doc
package.

Thanks.

* Re: postgresql-9.2.4-2: manual is not included in the package
@ 2013-07-26 15:27 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2013-07-26 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Il 7/26/2013 1:26 PM, Filipp Gunbin ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I see that the manual is not built during the make process in the "doc"
> directory.  Of course it is missing in the result packages.  I tried
> changing "cygmake" to "cygmake world" in cygport file, but it didn't
> help.  Is there a way to build it?
>
> It would be great to include it by default in the postgresql-doc
> package.
>
> Thanks.

I assume you mean HTML documentation as man is available

$ cygcheck -l postgresql |grep "\/man\/"
/usr/share/man/man1/initdb.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/pg_controldata.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/pg_ctl.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/pg_resetxlog.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/postgres.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/postmaster.1.gz

$ cygcheck -l postgresql-client |grep "\/man\/"
/usr/share/man/man1/clusterdb.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/createdb.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/createlang.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/createuser.1.gz
/usr/share/man/man1/dropdb.1.gz
..
/usr/share/man/man7/TRUNCATE.7.gz
/usr/share/man/man7/UNLISTEN.7.gz
/usr/share/man/man7/UPDATE.7.gz
/usr/share/man/man7/VACUUM.7.gz
/usr/share/man/man7/VALUES.7.gz
/usr/share/man/man7/WITH.7.gz

For HTML version, I will look for next 9.3 release

Regards
Marco

* Re: postgresql-9.2.4-2: manual is not included in the package
@ 2013-07-26 16:35   ` Filipp Gunbin
From: Filipp Gunbin @ 2013-07-26 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello Marco,

On 26/07/2013 18:58 +0400, marco atzeri wrote:

> I assume you mean HTML documentation as man is available

Yes.  The postgresql.org site calls the html docs "manual", that's why I
used that word.  Man pages are present.

> For HTML version, I will look for next 9.3 release

For me it would be ok to build it locally, but currently I can't find a
way to do it.

Filipp

* Re: postgresql-9.2.4-2: manual is not included in the package
@ 2013-07-26 18:24     ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2013-07-26 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Il 7/26/2013 5:36 PM, Filipp Gunbin ha scritto:
> Hello Marco,
>
> On 26/07/2013 18:58 +0400, marco atzeri wrote:
>
>> I assume you mean HTML documentation as man is available
>
> Yes.  The postgresql.org site calls the html docs "manual", that's why I
> used that word.  Man pages are present.
>
>> For HTML version, I will look for next 9.3 release
>
> For me it would be ok to build it locally, but currently I can't find a
> way to do it.
>
> Filipp

I suspect it needs the sgml files in the build tree.
Currently the source and build tree are separated
for the package

Marco