* check default utilities validity (by md5 test or other method)
@ 2013-07-31 16:41 tipot ozen
From: tipot ozen @ 2013-07-31 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I am using cygwin for a long time and i am pretty satisfied.

Recently, i have encountered the need to check the validity of the
default utilities that installed with cygwin  (like grep, find ,etc.)
and i am wondering if is there a way to obtain and compare md5
checksum for all of these utilities.

thanks,

Tipot

* Re: check default utilities validity (by md5 test or other method)
@ 2013-07-31 17:27 ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2013-07-31 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2013-07-31 11:08, tipot ozen wrote:
> Recently, i have encountered the need to check the validity of the
> default utilities that installed with cygwin  (like grep, find ,etc.)
> and i am wondering if is there a way to obtain and compare md5
> checksum for all of these utilities.

setup*.exe verifies packages' md5sums against a gpg-signed listing
(setup.ini) before installing.

Yaakov

* Re: check default utilities validity (by md5 test or other method)
@ 2013-07-31 23:25 tipot ozen
From: tipot ozen @ 2013-07-31 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

        On 2013-07-31 11:08, tipot ozen wrote:

                 Recently, i have encountered the need to check the
validity of the
                 default utilities that installed with cygwin  (like
grep, find ,etc.)
                 and i am wondering if is there a way to obtain and compare md5
                 checksum for all of these utilities.

             setup*.exe verifies packages' md5sums against a gpg-signed listing
             (setup.ini) before installing.
             Yaakov

       Thanks for your replay. Where could i find setup.ini file?
       I didn't find it in the program folders tree nor in the setup exe itself.

        look in the temporary download folder

Thank you very much Yaakov & marco! It was indeed there.

* Re: check default utilities validity (by md5 test or other method)
@ 2013-07-31 18:42 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2013-07-31 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2013-07-31 18:21 tipot ozen