* 64-bit Cygwin installation is missing /usr/bin/lockfile
@ 2013-08-13 21:01 Steve Rowley
From: Steve Rowley @ 2013-08-13 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I just installed 64-bit Cygwin on Win7, and noticed that
/usr/bin/lockfile is missing in my installation.

Does anyone else have this problem, or is it a problem with my
installation? If the latter, what package should I reinstall in an
attempt to get lockfile installed?

Tnx.

___________
Steve Rowley <sgr@alum.mit.edu> http://alum.mit.edu/www/sgr/ Skype: sgr000
It is very dark & after 2000.  If you continue, you are likely to be
eaten by a bleen.

* Re: 64-bit Cygwin installation is missing /usr/bin/lockfile
@ 2013-08-13 21:30 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2013-08-13 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 8/13/2013 5:01 PM, Steve Rowley wrote:
> I just installed 64-bit Cygwin on Win7, and noticed that
> /usr/bin/lockfile is missing in my installation.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem, or is it a problem with my
> installation? If the latter, what package should I reinstall in an
> attempt to get lockfile installed?

As always, you can find what package something is in by searching for it
here:

<http://cygwin.com/packages/>

In the case of lockfile, you can see the results here:

<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=usr%2Fbin%2Flockfile>

--
Larry

A: Yes.

@ 2013-08-13 22:49   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2013-08-13 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 05:29:46PM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>On 8/13/2013 5:01 PM, Steve Rowley wrote:
>> I just installed 64-bit Cygwin on Win7, and noticed that
>> /usr/bin/lockfile is missing in my installation.
>>
>> Does anyone else have this problem, or is it a problem with my
>> installation? If the latter, what package should I reinstall in an
>> attempt to get lockfile installed?
>
>As always, you can find what package something is in by searching for it
>here:
>
><http://cygwin.com/packages/>
>
>In the case of lockfile, you can see the results here:
>
><http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=usr%2Fbin%2Flockfile>

However note that, currently, this only searches the 32-bit version of
Cygwin.  Some packages are still missing from the 64-bit version.

* Re: 64-bit Cygwin installation is missing /usr/bin/lockfile
@ 2013-08-13 23:16     ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2013-08-13 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 05:29:46PM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>> On 8/13/2013 5:01 PM, Steve Rowley wrote:
>>> I just installed 64-bit Cygwin on Win7, and noticed that
>>> /usr/bin/lockfile is missing in my installation.
>>>
>>> Does anyone else have this problem, or is it a problem with my
>>> installation? If the latter, what package should I reinstall in an
>>> attempt to get lockfile installed?
>>
>> As always, you can find what package something is in by searching for it
>> here:
>>
>> <http://cygwin.com/packages/>
>>
>> In the case of lockfile, you can see the results here:
>>
>> <http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=usr%2Fbin%2Flockfile>
>
> However note that, currently, this only searches the 32-bit version of
> Cygwin.  Some packages are still missing from the 64-bit version.

The fact that some packages don't exist yet for 64-bit is something
that does deserve highlighting.  Of course, whether or not the package
actually exists for 64-bit, the package search will tell you if it
exists in the 32-bit world, so at least one knows what to look for.
In this particular case, I did go looking to see if 'procmail' was
already available for 64-bit.  As it turns out, it is.

--
Larry

A: Yes.

@ 2013-08-16  8:18 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2013-08-16  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Aug 15 16:02, Steve Rowley wrote:
> On Aug 14 16:34, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >>
> >>It's just a packaging bug.  Somehow I tripped over the order of variable
> >>evaluation.  I'm looking into it and provide a new 64 bit procmail later
> >>today.
> >
> >I just uploaded procmail-3.22-13.  Please give it a try.
>
> I waited for the mirrors to update and then installed
> procmail-3.22-13.  The result: /usr/bin/lockfile is once again
> present, and my backup script now runs and completes properly, much to
> my relief.
>
> So: thanks very much.
>
> And just in case nobody says this often enough: you have a difficult
> job maintaining a beast as complex as Cygwin, and we all appreciate it
> very much.

Thanks for your feedback!

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: 64-bit Cygwin installation is missing /usr/bin/lockfile
@ 2013-08-15 20:02 Steve Rowley
From: Steve Rowley @ 2013-08-15 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2013-08-14 14:34   ` Corinna Vinschen