From: SDS <sds.biz.main@gmail.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: emacs-w32/X11 24.3-7 aborts frequently
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 23:18:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 11/25/2013 2:00 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> I'm afraid I still have no explanation (except possible BLODA) for the aborts that you're getting. After about six days of experimentation on my system, here's what I see:
>
> 1. No aborts or crashes.
>
> 2. Lisp errors involving timers, similar to yours, but only on 64-bit Cygwin and only when using Tramp.
>
> 3. With a build from the emacs trunk, the Lisp errors are gone.
>
> In a few days I'll have time to make a build from the trunk available to you in case you want to see if that solves your problem.

Thanks for all the trouble you're going through to assist me with this.
I actually had one more application from the BLODA, specifically Windows
Defender. I had turned it off in the settings page, but I decided to go
a step further and prevent the associated service from automatically
starting. So far, I haven't seen an abort yet from Emacs, which is a
good sign.

There's one other issue I'm having with Emacs, but I'm going to make a
new thread for it to keep the topics separate.

Cheers,

SDS