On 02/11/2013 11:06, David Stacey wrote: > I'm trying to reinstall 64-bit Cygwin, using a snapshot taken on > 2013-10-24. The post-install step goes into an infinite loop whilst > running 'texlive-collection-basic.sh': perl is attempting to load some > modules (IO.dll, MD5.dll, Fcnt.dll, Cwd.dll), which fail with rebase > errors. The script waits five seconds before trying (and failing) > again; this repeats ad infinitum. I am pleased to report that I have tracked down the cause of my rebase woes to an uninitialised variable in the 'rebase' package. A simple patch (attached) fixes the problem. Jason Tishler: As rebase maintainer, if you agree with my diagnosis then please could you make new versions of 'rebase' containing the fix for both architectures. Thank you. Dave.