On 05/01/2014 04:11 PM, Linda Walsh wrote: > The reason the above fails... (I got it to work).. is that if there is a > space > on the line after the "-u", that also fails. > > I didn't deliberately put one there, but that it no longer handles > separate options is an evolution of software devolution. It NEVER worked to put more than one option. I don't know why you are arguing "software devolution" when there has been no regression in behavior, rather you are just experiencing something that has always been this way. And I already explained in the other message that yes indeed cygwin is different than Linux in that trailing whitespace is passed through on cygwin but stripped in Linux. > > But NOTE -- the above error claims it is coming from /usr/bin/bash. > That's not my login shell nor on the shebang line. > > That's cygwin-black-magic... converting all /bin paths to /usr/bin...even > shells?... I already explained in the other mail that this is a side-effect of cygwin converting to windows paths and then back during execve shebang computation, rather than preserving the argv[0] of the user. You are welcome to provide a patch. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org