On 05/13/2014 12:47 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote: >> Of course, if you haven't yet successfully built the version of the >> package >> you want to maintain, haven't applied the necessary Cygwin patches, and >> haven't gotten it to successfully work on your machine, then it's a bit >> ludicrous to expect someone to name you the maintainer of said >> package. You >> haven't shown any evidence of your ability to perform in that capacity. > > ...and Eric has. Until he relinquishes his packages or disappears, the > majority (at least) of those on the list that use his packages appreciate > his efforts in the past and look forward to his support going forward. > > If Eric decides to give up one or more of the packages you're interested > in picking up as maintainer, then we'll all be appreciative of your efforts > too. :-) For that matter, I've _already_ offered git up for another maintainer, and am still waiting (at least 3 months later) for that transition to completely materialize. With progress like that, I'm less than enthusiastic about handing over coreutils or bash. But if you want to post a test package for bash and/or coreutils, I'll at least review your packaging to see if it looks like you preserved all the cygwin-specific patches I already created, before deciding that handing over maintainership makes sense. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org