* Re: Why not which 2.16 instead of 1.5?
@ 2003-09-19  3:38 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2003-09-19  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Re: Why not which 2.16 instead of 1.5?
@ 2003-09-18  8:05 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2003-09-18  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:41:39PM -0400, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> | the which package shipped in the Cygwin distro is not GNU which.
> | Therefore the version number do not correspond.
>
> Is there a particular reason why Cygwin _doesn't_ use GNU which?  Are
> there issues with GNU which on Cygwin that we should know about?
>
> In any case, I found out that there were no man pages for Cygwin which,
> and if I remember correctly, there was no which --help either.  GNU which has both.  Either would be nice, and anyway with help2man you don't have to make both manually.

The reason is that this which is my own implementation and the one
I contributed right from the beginning.  If you don't like it, feel
free to take over Cygwin which maintainership.  I have no problem
stepping aside.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: Why not which 2.16 instead of 1.5?
@ 2003-09-18  5:12 Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2003-09-18  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Re: Why not which 2.16 instead of 1.5?
       [not found] <67FF6690.186B753A.0CE3B6DD@netscape.net>
@ 2003-09-17  8:46 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2003-09-17  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: cygwin-apps

This question doesn't belong on cygwin-apps.  Redirected to
cygwin@cygwin.com.