* Re: Cygwin64, 'unzip -d' misbehaviour vs. Cygwin32
       [not found] <542A6B85.5030700@mwg.dp.ua>
@ 2014-09-30 11:39 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2014-09-30 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 30/09/2014 10:36, Wladimir Mutel wrote:
>      Dear Marco,

Bottom post only and stay on the mailing list, please.

> 1. please try to unpack .zip archive with full absolute path specified
> (i.e. starting from /cygdrive/N)

as mentioned, it makes no differences

$ unzip
/cygdrive/e/downloads/software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip
-d /cygdrive/c/temp/pippo
Archive:
/cygdrive/e/downloads/software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip
   inflating: /cygdrive/c/temp/pippo/USBDeview.exe
   inflating: /cygdrive/c/temp/pippo/USBDeview.chm
   inflating: /cygdrive/c/temp/pippo/readme.txt

> 2. please try to unpack it into temporary directory generated by 'mktemp
> -d'
> their path start from /tmp and so require resolution through mount table.

$ mktemp -d
/tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232

$ unzip
/cygdrive/e/downloads/software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip
-d /tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232
Archive:
/cygdrive/e/downloads/software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip
   inflating: /tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232/USBDeview.exe
   inflating: /tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232/USBDeview.chm
   inflating: /tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232/readme.txt

> 3. it is not very clear from your example that your archive
> usbdeview-x64.zip is stored outside of /cygdrive/c/

both origin and destination are outside on cygwin tree.

>> works fine for me on any relative or absolute destination

Regards
Marco

* Re: Cygwin64, 'unzip -d' misbehaviour vs. Cygwin32
@ 2014-09-30 11:49 ` Wladimir Mutel
From: Wladimir Mutel @ 2014-09-30 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

	Dear all, please disregard this thread.
	It was a false alarm because I did not have unzip installed under Cygwin64
	and its shell found some stray unzip from Dell utilities in Windows path.
	Sorry for disturbing you without grounds.

@ 2014-09-30  9:06 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2014-09-30  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 30/09/2014 08:35, Wladimir Mutel wrote:
>      Dear all,
>
>      I have a .zip archive on a different NTFS filesystem than Cygwin64 TMP
>      folder (say, .zip on I: and TMP on C:). I create a temporary folder
>      by 'mktemp -d' and then try to unpack .zip archive into that folder :
>      unzip -d $folder $archive
>      I notice that files are unpacked into I:\TMP\ folder instead of
>      C:\Cygwin64\tmp\ (unzip recreates temporary subfolder with same name
>      inside I:\TMP\, while initial subfolder under c:\cygwin64\tmp\
>      remains empty)
>      Trying to work around this problem, I do this :
>      p=$(pwd)/$archive # archive is relative path under /cygdrive/i/ ,
>                            # so I construct abs.path
>      ( cd $folder
>        unzip $p ) # in subshell to keep current pwd unchanged
>          Then I get a message like :
> unzip:  cannot find either /cygdrive/i/path/archive.zip or
> /cygdrive/i/path/archive.zip.zip.
>
>      Even more, unzip -v /cygdrive/i/path/archive.zip invariably fails
> in this way under Cygwin64. What I see is that unzip accepts only
> relative paths for archive files. And that it improperly handles
> specified unpack directory (-d).
>
>      No such problems are observable under Cygwin32. unzip works exactly
> as specified with both absolute and relative paths, as well as with
> unpack folder on different filesystem from .zip archive.
>
>      Please try to reproduce my findings and fix them on Cygwin64 side
>      or tell me how could I fix them myself (if it is my personal problem).
>
>      Thanks in advance for your help.

works fine for me on any relative or absolute destination

$ unzip software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip -d
/cygdrive/c/temp/pippo
Archive:  software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip

@ 2014-09-30  7:32 Wladimir Mutel