* Re: package update for cygwin CMake
@ 2014-09-23  6:52 Tony Kelman
From: Tony Kelman @ 2014-09-23  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> today we are in the situation that
> 32 bit has cmake-2.8.9-2
> 64 bit has cmake-2.8.11.2-1 that was not
> uploaded by Bill if I remember right
> and the 64bit version surely need at least one patch,
> that I am aware of.
>
> Bill,
> I would appreciate to see both version at 2.8.12.2.
> Could you take care or we should consider the package orphan ?

Bump. Any update from the cmake maintainer? Upstream is at 3.0.2 now.

I'm looking at the cygport and its patches for the 64 bit package.
I think that package was NMU'd by Yaakov last year? One of the patches
is ruby-related, another perl-related, and the last has to do with
case-sensitivity and path handling. If I don't hear anything I'll
have a look at whether they still apply cleanly to latest upstream
sources and see how building goes.

-Tony

* Re: package update for cygwin CMake
@ 2014-09-30 16:42 ` Bill Hoffman
From: Bill Hoffman @ 2014-09-30 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 9/23/2014 12:45 AM, Tony Kelman wrote:
> Bump. Any update from the cmake maintainer? Upstream is at 3.0.2 now.
Sorry folks...

I will try to get 3.0.2 up in the next week.

-Bill

* Re: package update for cygwin CMake
@ 2014-09-30 17:49   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-09-30 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2014-09-30 11:27, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 9/23/2014 12:45 AM, Tony Kelman wrote:
>> Bump. Any update from the cmake maintainer? Upstream is at 3.0.2 now.
> Sorry folks...
>
> I will try to get 3.0.2 up in the next week.

When you do so, please be sure to include the patchset:

http://sf.net/p/cygwin-ports/cmake

These patches are required for a usable cmake on Cygwin.

Yaakov

* Re: package update for cygwin CMake
@ 2014-09-30 19:56   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2014-09-30 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 30/09/2014 18:27, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> On 9/23/2014 12:45 AM, Tony Kelman wrote:
>> Bump. Any update from the cmake maintainer? Upstream is at 3.0.2 now.
> Sorry folks...
>
> I will try to get 3.0.2 up in the next week.
>
> -Bill

Hi Bill,
welcome back, hope everything is fine.

Please note that in addition to
the need of both 32bit and 64bit versions,
it seems that cmake for building the documentation
now requires
   python-sphinx
   python-jinja2
   python-docutils

that Tony volunteered to package for cygwin.
https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2014-09/threads.html

See also
https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html
if you missed the relative announcement

Regards
Marco

* Re: package update for cygwin CMake
@ 2014-10-01  2:42     ` Tony Kelman
From: Tony Kelman @ 2014-10-01  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> When you do so, please be sure to include the patchset:
>
> http://sf.net/p/cygwin-ports/cmake
>
> These patches are required for a usable cmake on Cygwin.

FYI, I updated Yaakov's patches for 3.0.2 here
https://github.com/tkelman/cygwin-cmake
Although I never got an answer on cygwin-apps for exactly why they were
needed, especially the case-sensitivity and path handling *-cygwin.patch
The same number of CMake unit tests passed with an unpatched bootstrap
straight from the upstream sources, so I didn't get the entire rationale.

-Tony

* Re: package update for cygwin CMake
@ 2014-10-01  9:04       ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2014-10-01  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 01/10/2014 04:42, Tony Kelman wrote:
>> When you do so, please be sure to include the patchset:
>>
>> http://sf.net/p/cygwin-ports/cmake
>>
>> These patches are required for a usable cmake on Cygwin.
>
> FYI, I updated Yaakov's patches for 3.0.2 here
> https://github.com/tkelman/cygwin-cmake
> Although I never got an answer on cygwin-apps for exactly why they were
> needed, especially the case-sensitivity and path handling *-cygwin.patch
> The same number of CMake unit tests passed with an unpatched bootstrap
> straight from the upstream sources, so I didn't get the entire rationale.
>
> -Tony

PathCygwinToWin32 was using a deprecated cygwin_conv_to_win32
that is not present in x86_64 version of cygwin.

Regards
Marco

* Re: package update for cygwin CMake
@ 2014-11-16  7:47         ` Tony Kelman
From: Tony Kelman @ 2014-11-16  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>> The same number of CMake unit tests passed with an unpatched bootstrap
>> straight from the upstream sources, so I didn't get the entire rationale.
>>
>> -Tony
>
> PathCygwinToWin32 was using a deprecated cygwin_conv_to_win32
> that is not present in x86_64 version of cygwin.

I've updated this set of patches for cmake 3.1.0-rc2 (I can post the builds
if anyone would like to test them) at
https://github.com/tkelman/cygwin-cmake
As with 3.0.2, there is no difference in the number of CMake's self-tests
that fail with unpatched sources from upstream vs applying Yaakov's set of
patches (with my updates so they apply to the latest version). I don't
see anything using cygwin_conv_to_win32 in 3.x, there are some uses of
cygwin_conv_path which are disabled by Yaakov's patches however.

I'm still willing to adopt the package, it appears Bill has been too busy
to upload a more recent version over the past 6 weeks.

Yaakov (or anyone else), is there any way you can provide test cases
that would fail without applying each of these patches? I can pursue
adding such cases to CMake's test suite and working to get the patches
incorporated upstream.

Thanks,
Tony

* Re: package update for cygwin CMake
@ 2014-07-13 18:56   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2014-07-13 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, bill.hoffman

On 13/07/2014 11:05, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2014-07-12 23:17, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Bill,
>> are you planning to update the cygwin package any time soon ?
>>
>> Please not that the 32bit is still at
>> cmake-2.8.9-2 version
>> while last upstream 2.9.x version is 2.9.12.
>
> IIUC 2.9 was a development branch leading to a stable 3.0 release, so we
> don't want that yet.  I have 2.8.12.2 in Ports, and AFAIAC those patches
> are mandatory for a working cmake.
>

> Yaakov

Hi Yaakov,
sorry for the typo, I was referring to 2.8.x

@ 2014-07-13  9:05 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2014-07-13  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2014-07-13  4:17 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2014-07-13  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, bill.hoffman

Bill,
are you planning to update the cygwin package any time soon ?

Please not that the 32bit is still at
cmake-2.8.9-2 version
while last upstream 2.9.x version is 2.9.12.

Thanks in advance
Marco Atzeri