* Unattended setup mode
@ 2014-10-21 11:47 Steve Lee
From: Steve Lee @ 2014-10-21 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have found that the first time setup unattended mode (-q) is run it
needs more user interaction tan might be expected.

I can understand the request for a download site but not the showing
the Manager or the action summary. These require the user to select
Next twice and does not happen if the setup is run again. Not quite
unattended ;)

To reproduce simply delete the cycgwin installation folder - leaving
the registry pointing at a non-existing folder.
The run setup-x86*.exe -q -C Base -P unzip

For more details of my specific usage see this Cmd script -
https://github.com/SteveALee/B2G-flash-tool/blob/shallowflashbat/shallow_flash.bat

I'm happy to create a bug but your process requests emails first.

Steve Lee
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

* Re: Unattended setup mode
@ 2014-10-28 11:18 ` Jon TURNEY
From: Jon TURNEY @ 2014-10-28 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Lee, cygwin

On 21/10/2014 12:47, Steve Lee wrote:
> I have found that the first time setup unattended mode (-q) is run it
> needs more user interaction tan might be expected.
>
> I can understand the request for a download site but not the showing
> the Manager or the action summary. These require the user to select
> Next twice and does not happen if the setup is run again. Not quite
> unattended ;)

This looks like a bug in setup.  If you use -q and -s, it doesn't
require any interaction, but if you just use -q, more interaction than
just choosing the download site is required.