* Re: A list of installed packages (no dependencies)
@ 2014-12-31 22:32 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2014-12-31 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Larry Hall wrote:
> This sounds contradictory to what you're asking above.

No, it is as modern package managers work. Also 'port' in MacPorts has
similar options (they call these packages 'requested'). For example, on
OSX I have installed only 21 (chosen by me, i.e. *requested*), but the
total number of package installed (as a result of dependencies) is 254.
In principle reinstalling the 21 packages should reinstall all the 254
but sometimes the dependencies change. Having a less package to
reinstall makes simpler to follow the process of
installation/re-installation.

I think Cygwin has this (maybe I read this on the list) but I don't
remember, exactly, the command.. :-(

In any case, Happy New Year.

Ciao,
  Angelo.

* A list of installed packages (no dependencies)
@ 2014-12-31 10:11 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2014-12-31 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Is there in Cygwin a command to recover a list of installed packages
chosen by the user without the dependencies?

For example, the archlinux package manager with

pacman -Qqe > pkglist

can save the list of package chosen by the user only and this is useful
in case one wants/needs to reinstall all the packages.

Happy New year!

Ciao,
  Angelo.