On 3/28/2015 9:12 AM, Achim Gratz wrote: > Jeffrey Altman writes: >> After installing the texinfo 5.2.2 and texinfo-tex 5.2.3 packages I am >> unable to find an installed makeinfo command in /usr/bin/. I do however >> find the makeinfo.1.gz man page contents. > > makeinfo should be a symbolic link to texi2any. > > > Regards > Achim. Thank you Achim, The symbolic link works from a Cygwin bash shell but not from a Windows cmd or powershell. texinfo 4.7.* had a separate makeinfo.exe which was used by the native Heimdal build environment to generate docs from Microsoft nmake.exe. 4.7.* is still available for 32-bit Cygwin but is not available for 64-bit Cygwin. At least I now know what the issue is. Jeffrey Altman