Since I have gotten no response to this and am stuck I assume my problem is badly worded. I don't know how else to present it. Perhaps someone explaining how setup uses the windows network interface would help. If it helps, I tried installing Cygwin from scratch and it will not even download the list of mirrors. If I add a specific mirror I get the same subject error message. Clearly setup is having trouble communicating on the network and it is probably related to something left over from the Lavasoft malware but I don't know what to do from here. I've used every cleanup tool I have and there does not appear to be anything related to Lavasoft left. On 8/20/2015 10:23 AM, Dennis Putnam wrote: > In the process of correcting another problem (removed Lavasoft malware) > I am no longer able to run setup. All the references to this error seem > to pertain to the 32 bit version. I am completely shutdown with Cygwin > and need help resolving this. Thanks in advance. >