On 08/25/2015 05:29 AM, Kizito Porta BalanyĆ  wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to build the new version of monit (5.14) in cygwin, but I > get the following error executing configure: > > autoreconf -i -f && automake -acf && ./configure > > checking vsnprintf is c99 conformant... configure: error: in > `/tmp/monit-5.14/libmonit': > configure: error: vsnprintf does not conform to c99 Show the relevant portion of config.log, that shows the program that monit attempted to compile, and the compiler error. Most likely it is a bug in monit's configure.ac, and not in cygwin. > > Is cygwin GCC c99 conformant? I'm totally lost, perhaps what I say has > no sense. Yes, cygwin's compilation of vsnprintf is supposed to be c99 compliant. But without seeing why monit claims it is not, I can't state definitively if that is the case, or if monit has turned up an actual bug. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org