On 1. 12. 2015 18:40, David Macek wrote: > On 1. 12. 2015 15:01, Corinna Vinschen wrote: >> On Dec 1 21:07, nu774 wrote: >>>> There must be a bug in the new CMD somewhere. But, anyway, I'll look >>>> into it when I finally managed to update my W10 test machine. >>> >>> No, cmd.exe is just an example. Any 32bit process can be an trigger. >>> I guess something has changed in TH2 kernel regarding process memory >>> management or something that interferes cygwin's fork(). >> >> If that only happens w/ 64 bit Cygwin started from a 32 bit parent, then >> there's some foul-up in the WOW64 layer in terms of starting 64 bit >> processes, perhaps. Sigh, it's a rather unexpected change after it >> worked fine for so long :( > > Yup. I can confirm. Just for the record, we did some debugging over IRC and it seems it's an issue with WOW64 where the stack in the first 64-bit process is offset for some reason. Citing Corinna: "I wonder if we have to resurrect the old wow64_respawn_process function for this border case" -- David Macek