Hi all. I'm trying to build the `file` program from trunk, but I'm getting a regex error that seems to be related to 8-bit character handling in Cygwin. The error happens when compiling the magicfile: > file: line 83: regex error 17 for `[=.<>|!^▒]{79}', (illegal byte sequence) I currently have little idea where to start in investigating this error. I'd be glad if someone could help. See for upstream bug where there's a link to which seems to be about a very similar (if not the same) error, but more than 2 years ago. -- David Macek