On 03/08/2016 08:43 AM, Douglas Coup wrote: > Hello Cygwin community. > > I'm observing some unusual behavior with tar v1.28, running as part of > 32-bit Cygwin on a Windows 10 machine. I noticed this in your cygcheck output: > cygdrive prefix /cygdrive system text,noacl,posix=0,auto Why are you text-mounting it? Is your current working directory somewhere under that text mount? It may be a bug in tar's handling of text-mounted files (ideally, tar should be reopening everything binary in spite of text mounts, but I may have missed a spot). > > A similar sequence on a Windows 8.1 machine running tar v1.27.1 does not > produce this problem. Could be an accidental regression in my cygwin-specific patches between the two versions. But I don't normally use or test on text-mounts, so I'll need confirmation that you are indeed experiencing the problem only in your text mount, before I spend cycles debugging it. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org