* clamav: Request for package update
@ 2016-03-17 17:10 Jonathan D Johnston
From: Jonathan D Johnston @ 2016-03-17 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Attention package clamav maintainer (Reini Urban?)

Usage of freshclam (1) reports that the recommended version of ClamAV is
0.99.1, but the most recent version in https://cygwin.com/packages/ is
0.98.7 .  Version 0.98.7 isn't functional with the current ClamAV
databases.  Can this package be updated?  Thanks!

* Fwd: clamav: Request for package update
@ 2016-03-17 17:25 ` Jonathan D Johnston
From: Jonathan D Johnston @ 2016-03-17 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Oops ... I should have checked cygwin-announce first. I see there that
Yaakov Selkowitz has released the last few updates of clamav.

How about another update, Yaakov? Thanks!

Attention package clamav maintainer (Reini Urban?)

Usage of freshclam (1) reports that the recommended version of ClamAV is
0.99.1, but the most recent version in https://cygwin.com/packages/ is
0.98.7 .  Version 0.98.7 isn't functional with the current ClamAV
databases.  Can this package be updated?  Thanks!

* Re: clamav: Request for package update
@ 2016-03-29  3:18 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-03-29  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2016-03-17 12:10, Jonathan D Johnston wrote:
> Usage of freshclam (1) reports that the recommended version of ClamAV is
> 0.99.1, but the most recent version in https://cygwin.com/packages/ is
> 0.98.7 .  Version 0.98.7 isn't functional with the current ClamAV
> databases.  Can this package be updated?  Thanks!

ClamAV goes to great lengths to keep virus databases compatible with
older versions of the software, and there has been no EOL announcement
for 0.98.z (which isn't *that* old).  Where do you see that 0.98.7 is
not functional with the latest definitions?

As for an update, I am aware of the new version.  Unfortunately, ClamAV
has not been keeping up with LLVM and the bundled copy predates
Win64/SEH support, so either we wait for someone to write a patch for
LLVM 3.7 compatibility, or I build a llvm3.5 package just for this.
Otherwise, I'd have to disable llvm (and hence JIT support) on at least
x86_64.

--
Yaakov