On 04/28/2016 05:06 PM, Andrey Repin wrote: >> Bottom line, I think the native symlink creation code should be >> checked and a possibility should be added to create links to >> non-existent targets, rather than the current behavior of failing. > > This is actually an arguable behavior, even in Linux. I can imagine the > behavior is "undefined" in such a case. POSIX says a symlink to a missing target is perfectly well-defined (you can't stat() through it, but you can readlink() it). But Windows native symlinks can't do that. So the problems you are encountering all stem from the fact that you are trying to make Windows do something it can't. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org