On 05/09/2016 12:29 PM, Warren Young wrote: >>> I think the diffutils package should be part of the base installation. Based on just the start of the thread, I was already considering adding diffutils to Base the next time I package it... > 3. We can also exclude all libraries. Discussions of which libraries the Base packages should depend on are wholly separate from this one. For example, RHEL’s coreutil depends on gmp, while Cygwin’s does not, but this does not tell us that Cygwin’s coreutils should be rebuilt to depend on gmp. Umm, the cygwin build of coreutils DOES depend on gmp, unless I made a mistake packaging it. [/me goes and checks...] Yep - libgmp10 is in the coreutils 'requires:' setup.hint. > > After applying all of those rules, the only packages in RHEL 7 Minimal that aren’t in RHEL Base are diffutils and openssh-client, both of which I’d be happy to see in Cygwin Base. ...But you've added even more good justification for me to do so. All right, sounds like something I should do when I next have the chance. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org